Postgraduate passionate about data science. Seeking to leverage and improve data analytical skills gained through education to improve business performance and drive decision making.
AMERICAN UNIVERSITY, Washington, DC
Master of Science in Analytics, June 2017
Relevant coursework: Database and Big Data, Applied Managerial Statistics, Business Intelligence, Business Insights Through Analytics, Predictive Analytics
CARNEGIE MELLON UNIVERSITY, Pittsburgh, PA
Bachelor of Science in Mathematical Sciences, May 2009
Analytics: Data Analysis, Data Minding, Data Modeling, Business Intelligence, Database Design
Software: R Programming Language, SAS, Tableau, SQL, Access, Microsoft Office, Excel
Email Marketing Data Group Project, Spring 2017
- Analyzed email marketing data – both company and third-party data – to build a model that could predict email responses while reducing the total emails sent by over 50% and presented to company representatives.
- Identified 15 variables out of 300 in the third-party dataset that resulted in a response rate outside of the average response rate and cleaned the data to create a new dataset for modeling.
- Built, trained, and compared various models which were used to identify how many emails would need to be sent to retain 80% of responses.
Predictive Analytics Term Project, Spring 2017
- Identified and transformed variables in birth
weight dataset in R to build models that could predict infant birth weight and provided suggestions.
AU Personal Care Group Project, Fall 2016
- Created a visual analytics tool in Tableau to identify key salespersons, customers, and products that were useful maximizing revenue and recommended the discontinuation of low-performing products.
- Summarized sales patterns and reported outlying high-performance month.
Advanced Data Analysis Project, Spring 2009
- Analyzed 50 variables for 200 beers and created a model to predict taste-testing ratings.
- Leveraged model to predict ratings for 100 different beers.
DOLLAR BANK, Pittsburgh, PA
Video Banking Teller, Sep 2015 - Present
- Consistently and accurately services banking needs remotely
- Promotes machine functions via branch visits, leading to a 75% increase in customer usage
- Built and maintains a new schedule template which reduces time spent completing schedules by 50%.
ALLEGHENY VALLEY BANK, Pittsburgh, PA
Bank Teller, Oct 2014 – Aug 2015
- Addressed customer needs by performing transactions and making referrals.
SERVICELINK, Pittsburgh, PA
Quality Control Analyst, Apr 2011 – Aug 2013
- Reviewed broker price opinions and desktop housing appraisals.
- Exceeded review goals consistently by 50% while maintaining a 97% accuracy rate, resulting in progressive responsibility to review reports from three different clients.
- Reviewed test reports from a potential client, resulting in the acquisition of the client and a 25% increase in volume.